My name is Evgeny, and I’d like to welcome you to my personal website. Throughout my career, I’ve assumed a variety of positions and roles, which has nurtured my interest in a broad spectrum of areas. These include startups, scientific disciplines like astronomy, philosophy, and psychology, as well as management, business, and software development, among others.
Should you wish to connect with me, don’t hesitate to reach out through any of the social networks listed. I’m always excited to meet new people and explore fresh perspectives. While I have my specific areas of interest, I remain open to new opportunities and experiences.
For those who’d prefer a face-to-face conversation, I can often be found in Barcelona. Looking forward to crossing paths!
My current roles
- Founder & CEO of 4xxi Software Ltd., a startup launcher in London.
- Founder of Denovo Software d.o.o., a consulting company in Barcelona and Belgrade.
My Current Interests
- FinTech Startups: I am particularly interested in neobanks, wealth management, and compliance.
- EdTech Startups: My areas of focus include life-long learning, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and psychological motivation.
- Consulting in Management and Software Development: I am adept at setting up effective workflows for early-stage startups, improving infrastructure and business processes, helping with the right architecture, and sharing expertise.
- Machine Learning in Astronomy & Psychology: I am engaged in R&D, application development, and tool creation within this field.
- Philosophy of Science: An area that always stimulates my intellectual curiosity.
(see LinkedIn Profile for the full version)
- Denovo Software d.o.o., Founder (2022 — present)
- 4xxi Software Ltd, Founder (2008 — 2019)
- Newtonew, CTO and Founder (2014 — 2018)
- Software developer and Team Leader at various companies (2004 — 2008)
- Scientific Researcher in Astronomy (2009 — 2017)
- School teacher (2008 — 2018)
- MS (with distinction) in Astronomy, Saint Petersburg State University, 2004-2009
- PhD in Mathematics and Physics, Pulkovo observatory, 2009-2017
- MS (with distinction) in Philosophy, Science, and Religion, The University of Edinburgh, 2020-2021
- MS (with distinction) in Psychology, Saint Petersburg State University, 2020-2022
My most important scientific papers
- How do people experience innocent suffering? (Frontiers in Psychology, 2023)
- A new python package for identifying celestial bodies trapped in mean-motion resonances (Astronomy and Computing, 2023)
- Asteroids in three-body mean motion resonances with planets (Icarus, 2017)
- Identification of asteroids trapped inside three-body mean motion resonances: a machine-learning approach (Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, 2017)
- Massive identification of asteroids in three-body resonances (Icarus, 2013)
My pet open-source projects
- A scientific python package resonances that uses both traditional and machine-learning approaches to identify mean-motion resonances in planetary systems (see docs)
- Fast, fortran backed numerical integrator for N-body problem
- A machine-learning tool that categorise asteroids in the main belt in the Solar system into families (python)
- An old PHP library that converts dates into human readable format
- An old skeleton for Symfony projects
Official registration information
- Name: Evgeny Smirnov Pr Računarsko Programiranje Beograd
- Address: Kraljice Marije 39 stan 3, Beograd-Palilula, Palilula (Beograd), Belgrade, Serbia
- Registration number (matični broj): 66470440
- VAT (PIB): 112961249
- Official email: [email protected]